The Reference Center and Teaching Nutrition sections of the
website are the same. In these sections, you have access to
a wide variety of background and reference material about
nutrition, the nutrients, and healthy living. Also included
in this area are a number of brief informational sections
about different nutrition-related topics, including:
- Hints about teaching nutrition in your classroom
- Information about each of the six major
classes of nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins,
minerals and water) and fiber.
- Basic instruction related to food safety
- Suggestions for selecting a balanced diet
- Materials about how nutrition relates to
certain diseases, such as hypertension and diabetes.
- Tips for healthy living and how to
put into practice all of the general nutrition guidelines.